Leaky Shower Head

My shower head has a constant drip, drip, drip. Probably a drip every 3-5 seconds. I want it to stop, but don't want to replace the valve(s) or tear open a wall to get at them.

Suggestions? This is a house I'd like to sell without spending a bunch of money on it..

Thanks,

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

This is Turtle.

Sorry Candice , but there is a futher repair that he can make if the rubber is not enough of fix to seal the water valve flow off. If rubber does not fix it , you can get a valve seating tool to smooth the flate place where the rubber presses on the bottom seat. It is at hard ware store called a Faucet Reseater. With the valve head out you will see a flate seat where the rubber presses on it and take the drill bit and square it up and reseat the valve seat and remove all cut places and grooves. the instruction are on the kit and i have had to do all my shower and tub valves because I did not want to tear out the wall to replace the whole thing.

here is one of the brands of Faucet Reseater that will work good for this application. LASCO brand in Santa Fe Springs, Ca. 90670 kit # 13-1065. I hook it up on my cordless drill and works much better.

Now if you want the best way to do it without the faucet reseater is to get you a faucet valve seat remover. It is a tool that will unscrew the seat plug and take it to a good hardware store and get a new one to fit it or have them order you one. Most all faucet have this seat that can be removed and replaced with a new one. Now the faucet reseater does a very good job before going to all this trouble.

Here is a place to go to to see the details of the tool used to reseat the seats on the faucet valves.

here is the detail of the tool made buy them / Larsen Supply co. . They have the long stem and the short stem types but i found that the kit # 13-1065 will work on all of them.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle again.

Kit # 13-1065 suggested retail price $4.99 . Forgot that.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE