Thanks to all in advance to those who reply
OK here's the scenario
- Living in a semi-detached home.
- Been here for 4 years.
- last year decided to frame a bedroom in the basement to the sharing wall
of my neighbor for my oldest sun.
- I never had anything in that part of the basement so I never noticed any
- After completing the room with Drywall I noticed the rug was wet in the
sharing corner . CRAPPPPPP
- Went outside and got down on my hands and knees and noticed a hair line
crack in the exterior concrete wall.
- So I began the dig and noticed the hair line got bigger.
- I dug down 5 feet but never made it to the footing because the hair line
crack had disappeared.
- washed the entire cracked area and patched the entire crack well below
where I seen the crack disappear. OR so I thought.
- Now with a big rain the carpeting is wet again. It's not really a huge
wet area nor does water come flowing in or anything
But it's really annoying This is also stopping me from completing a
floating floor in that area of the basement
- I said replacing a bit of drywall is easier than the dig.
- after tearing out the drywall I noticed the same crack coming from the
same place as the exterior.
- Problem is the water coming in from way down below where I patched from
- My question is.
Is there anything I can do to deal with this from the inside rather than
making the dig again?
Again the water is not coming in in huge quanities Maybe a cupful after a
big rain storm or when it rains for 2 to 3 days at a time.
Again thanks for the reply