Leaking fridge

Last week I bought a cheap secondhand fridge, which has been seemingly working fine.
This morning there was water coming out of a bowl-like thing at the back. (The drip-pan, is that right?) I turned the thermostat up thinking it seemed to be defrosting (?) and it frosted up again inside, but now there's water on the floor again.
There's no freezer compartment, and I don't know whether it's supposed to be frost-free or not.
So - do I just give up and take it back? (He will give me my money back for a month.) Or is there something obvious going on here that I can sort out?
TIA, ~~~~~~ Alison http://www.theportico.co.uk

Hi,
We don't know what style or model fridge you have...but many ?cycle-defrost? refrigerators with no freezer will defrost everytime the fridge shuts off...the leaking water could be as easy as a clogged up drain system/hose.
jeff.