Leak in basement

Page 2 of 2
There may be just a slight change in the slope of the land due to the previ ous clog and water infiltration and run-off. You should raise the area sli ghtly so that there is no question that any surface water will flow/run awa y from the house. Then a good watering with a hose or two for several minu tes to see how the water flows, and if that insitutes water inside the hous e.
I would also go outside the next time it rains and see if the water ponds u p anywhere along the side of the house. The ponding could be 20 feet or mo re away along the foundation, the water gets down and then flows along the foundation before entering where you are seeing it. You really should go a ong the entire perimeter of the house and look for any ponding anywhere wit hin 5 feet or so of the foundation. As someone else said, once there is a channel established, future water may follow the same path and not even be visible from the surface.
In typed:

I agree. That is what I was trying to say or describe in my earlier post about the possible "flower beds".
The "screwed up downspout" may have openeda path thru the ground toward the bottom of the foundation that is not necessarily visible from the surface. You could try moistening the area, and then tamping down the ground to tr y to break up the underground channel.
If it was me, even tho you think there is no ponding, I would try to raise up the surface an inch or two close to the foundation and then slope it awa y from the foundation over a foot or two.
In typed:

I agree, and that was basically the two points that I was trying to make.