Lead pan for a walk in shower

I am building a 6' X 3' Walk in shower in a Co- Op which does require the use of a lead pan instead of Vinyl. My contractor informed me that the biggest sheet of lead is 4' X 4' and that he has to combine two sheets. But the problem is that he did not know how to make the seam water tight. Can anybody explain it to me?
Thank you,
Stef

solder it?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Overlap the sheets and heat them. Lead will join together at the right temperature. A large iron is better than a torch as you can get better control. He should practice on the scrap cut off.
I would choose another contractor thats experienced doing this rather than a newbie in training, the shower should last a lifetime.
he should at least know how to find a qualified sub......