Lawn Tractor Alignment

I wasn't paying attention and came too close to a tree while mowing the law n. The left front wheel got knocked out of alignment and now it has a stron g pull to the right. I checked the user's manual but it said that alignment is set at the factory and can only be done by a trained service technician . I inspected the front suspension and don't see any way to adjust anything . Anyone have any ideas?

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Sledgehammer and a solid whack opposite the way you knocked it out of alignment?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

This ain't alt.home.repair.psychics so you'll need to provide the make and model number.

Reply to
Dev Null

Apparently something got bent. Keep looking!!!

Reply to
Paintedcow

You bent a part to put it out of alignment - you will need to unbend it to fix it.

Reply to
clare

lawn. The left front wheel got knocked out of alignment and now it has a s trong pull to the right. I checked the user's manual but it said that align ment is set at the factory and can only be done by a trained service techni cian. I inspected the front suspension and don't see any way to adjust anyt hing. Anyone have any ideas?

d model number.

It's an Ariens A20VA46. The steering mechanism is the same as on my older C raftsman lawn tractor; they probably make them all at the same factory and stick different logos on them. The steering wheel moves a sector gear which is connected to each of the front wheels by a draglink (a bent rod) per si de. I must have bent the left draglink when I hit the tree. I tried bending it back with a large crowbar but I think the suggestion to use a sledgeham mer is my next attempt.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

The replacement parts are CHEAP. Buy a new link and replace it. About a 10 minute job for anyone who knows one ind of a pliers from the other.

Reply to
clare