Lawn Mower Repair

I broke the starting rope on our sears lawn mower. Is this hard to replace yourself or should I pay to have it done? In other words, is it a difficult job??
Thanks in advance
Maria Brown wrote:

Easy? Depends on what tools you have and how handy you are and the starter type:
http://www.lawn-mower-shop.com/ropstart.htm
http://www.lawn-mower-shop.com/tropstrt.htm

Sounds like you knocked loose one of the connection points for the deck.
Lower it all the way and lay beside the machine and move the height control up & down. You should then see the connection points. If you are lucky you can just re-attach a cable or re-route onto a pulley.
----------------------------------------------------------- Get free backup service using Drop Box Access your files from your smartphone or tablet Bonus space provided using this link: http://db.tt/RIONkfbZ