Lawn care goes hi-tech

If you look in the dictionary, you will find that the definition of Hillbilly is a Michigan farmer.
This Kentucky Hillbilly came up to Michigan because I got a job, before I moved, at the Gibson Guitar factory that used to be in Kalamazoo.
David
Bloody good show, what? Now, I'll have me hand pop on down to Macky Dees in the lorry, to pick up some bangors and mash. Then stop by the chemist to pick up some stuff, and don't let the bloke to my flat, the tyke in the pram is a bit excitable. Mum been trying to put him down.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Sometimes I get the idea they hire Mexicans so they don't waste time talking to you.

I guess for the majority of new clients that might work. I know that the (Google) images of my house are going on 3 (4?) years old so if that's what they use, they'd see a different landscaping layout.
From a lawn rolling perspective, I think they'd be "close enough" with the old images, but I'd certainly want to discuss the final numbers with them since there is less lawn to roll than the images show.
On 4/23/2010 10:57 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I'd immediately pick another company.
--
Steve Barker
On 04/23/10 01:54 pm, Steve Barker wrote:

Why? Can't they tell the area well enough from a satellite image? What else do they need to know to give me a price?
I have their quote already and, although I have no other quote with which to compare it, it's less than I was figuring it could be.
Perce
I'm sure scams have been happening since the earliest days. But now, high tech. That's a shame. I'm with you. They can come out and look in person before I agree to a deal.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Percival P. Cassidy wrote the following:

60x30.in size. The spanish speaking crew came early in the morning and started ripping off the old shingles.By supper time, they were done, and before leaving, they cleaned up the mess too. The only potential problem was the constant hammering of 6 or 8 guys, but I was doing construction on my house at the time, so the hammering and the salsa music on their radio didn't bother me. I don't think they even took a break, except for lunch. When I need my house re-roofed, I will give their company a call.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY