Lawn care goes hi-tech

I'll bet there will be a lot more unlicensed - and therefore uninsured - drivers in Alabama if this guy wins.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's a good point.

Reply to
JimT

Well, that's not impossible here in the Great White North (Michigan). The last roofing crew I had in were the usual bunch of scrawny hillbillies. They did a great job.

The concrete crew were scrawny, hung-over hillbillies, and they did a terrible job.

The Nu-Wool insulation guys--I can't remember them very well because I couldn't observe them very well. I think they were hillbillies of various magnitudes.

Let's see: the guys who did the crawlspace lining were Hispanic (or Latino or whatever the term du jour is), as were the two who planted the corkscrew willow tree. The tree looks like it's dying, but that's probably the fault of the clay soil.

Why all the hillbillies in Michigan? They or their fathers came up for those good factory jobs that aren't there anymore.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Or there will be many more people on welfare because they can't get drivers' licenses to get to that job that doesn't require a great deal of knowledge of English.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

All the road signs are in English. Anybody who can't read them shouldn't be on the road.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I can drive in Mexico with little difficulty.

Same for them, I'm sure.

Reply to
JimT

Liability insurance is mandatory. We even have Nazi/Commie roadblocks for the Polizi to check your papers. They will probably soon get the power to arrest illegal invaders and lock them away.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

For about two centuries, the folks in US havn't spoken English. If you want a demo, go visit England, see if you can communicate with the people there. You'll find that the language is noticably different.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On the men working sign, is the man wearing a sombrero?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Bloody good show, what? Now, I'll have me hand pop on down to Macky Dees in the lorry, to pick up some bangors and mash. Then stop by the chemist to pick up some stuff, and don't let the bloke to my flat, the tyke in the pram is a bit excitable. Mum been trying to put him down.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think the guy on the horse does too. Yeah.....they'd never be able to understand; wrong hat.

Reply to
JimT

That's a matter of opinion. If you're British we're illiterate; yet we still managed to beat them at just about everything else.

Reply to
JimT

Might be just me. But, I figure the English people speak English.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Being simple minded, you would.

Reply to
JimT

Only temporarily. Most will get scooped up straightaway and sent to the Greybar Hotel.

After Katrina, crime shot up in Houston until the Houston Police made it clear that one just can't be moseyin' thru the 'hood with a malt and a toke.

Reply to
HeyBub

This very day, the governor of Arizona signed into law a bill making it a crime to exist in the state without you having a civil right to be there - that is, one must be a citizen, legal immigrant, tourist, or visitor from outer space. Specifically, if you cannot prove to the satisfaction of the police that you are entitled by law to be where you are, the police MUST arrest you and dispose of you properly.

Failure of an individual officer to comply with this directive, or a department, or a city, WILL result in criminal sanctions against the reluctant entity.

Reply to
HeyBub

Yeah...lockem' up. How much does that cost again?

Reply to
JimT

I doubt it, actually. The majority of the road signs in the United States consist of English text only, without the international pictorial symbols. Drivers who can't read English text are sure to be confused when driving in most parts of the U.S.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ask an Austrian what language he speaks.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Cricket? Universal health care?

Perce