Last lightbulb factory closes - sniff

Page 3 of 3

Europe officially stopped all incan. sales on 9/1.
The larger issue isnt bulbs, its the moving of manufacturing near everything to foreign countries.
this loss of manufacturing is why our economic dump is still with us, and were about to tank again.....
I dont know what the solution is, but the problem is effecting every one of us, and about to get far worse.

Actually no.
Would you rather live in China where there is lots of manufacturing?
The problem is monetary, and these always take a long time to recover. On top of that, the consumer is tapped out. Savings rates went negative ~2005.
It'll be slow going for some time but a double dip is unlikely.

I'll let you panic by yourself. It wasn't hard to see this coming.
Jeff

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Countries should do what they do best - in this case, China is better at manufacturing than we are.
By allowing each country to specialize, the wealth of all nations is increased.
Adam Smith settled this controversy in the 18th century with his "An Inquiry Into The Wealth of Nations."

Finally, someone caught-on to the OPs thoughts! And...the last sentence could be, " I don't know what the solution is, but the problem is effecting everyone of US, and about to get far worse."