Lamp socket repair

Can anyone direct me to a sight that has detailed instructions on how to replace a lamp socket? I have a valuable lamp that has a defective socket, and I want to make sure that I don't screw things up. Thanks - Matt
I just did a Google on
lamp socket repair,
and the first link that comes up looks like a good one.
http://www.canoe.ca/HGRenovation0201/03_socket2-ap.html
There are hundreds more...........
Good Luck !!
--James--
Fixing a lamp should be really easy. If your that unsure of youself then ask some fo your firends if they can look at it or take it to the hardware store and ask them.
Do you mean "valuable" as in old antique valuable? If so..... installing a $1.50 cent socket from Ace isn't going to help it keep it's value.
Thank you for the help. James' link provided the info I needed. I appreciate it. - Matt