laminate floor install ( glueless)

If you have a square room, and the tools to do the job, what skill level do you feel is required to do a decent job on the install?
Tools Back saw, hammer, power miter saw, table saw.
Skill level 1......... doesn't know a hammer from a saw.
Skill level 10 ....... expert.
Thanks
Tom
tflfb wrote:

5

I've done three rooms, three closets, and three hallways over the past two years. The first was with glued stuff, the others with glueless. I thought the glue type flooring was much easier to work with because you could work with in it small spaces easily, while the glueless stuff requires you to be able to move an entire span sometimes in order to get the end seams clicked together. That issue aside, it's really quite easy to do; the only tools you really need to do it quickly are a table saw and a tape. We quickly learned to kick the stuff into place rather than using a tapping block/hammer, and I made all the crosscuts with a miter sled on the table saw. I'd call the entire job a 2 or 3 on your scale, with the only hard part perhaps being removing trim around door casings to cut for the flooring to fit under (our house is all 1950s oak, pocket doors, etc. that took a lot of time to deal with).
Overall, it's an easy DIY project and will come out better than most any other DIY flooring option. After two years with the first batch (bedroom) we're finally close to pulling the carpet from the last room in the house (we've restored the original oak where we could) and the house not only looks better, it's much more comfortable, light, and less allergy-inducing than before.
-drl
"Kiwanda" wrote in message

Congratulations! You have just described the quickest way to destroy a click lock floor. You never ever kick or tap a click lock. It is rotated into place.
On the OP scale, your way is a 1. You really need to read up, buy a video, and ask how it is done correctly before proceeding to any other rooms.
DO NOT install a laminate floor without glue. even if they say it's "glueless"
I did and the boards are constantly moving and leaving gaps between them. I need to glue it now, it's driving me crazy