ladybug question

I live in Ottawa, Canada and noticed that in the last 3 weeks several ladybugs inside my house around the windows. I'm trying to find out how they get in. I checked all around the windows and there doesn't seem to be any openings for them to get into. Any ideas on how ladybugs usually get into a house ? Thanks much.

Reply to
car crash

On someone's clothing when the person enters the house.

Reply to
LouB

I doubt that they got in recently. I suspect that they have been hibernating inside without your permission or knowledge.

Time you started charging rent! :)

Reply to
Clot

It is generally believed a great many bugs get in the same way you do.

Their presence near the windows is most likely due to efforts to get out. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Manbugs let them in

Reply to
ransley

Hi, I want them in my house. Our sunroom has quite a few plants growing year round. Lady bugs take care of plant pests by eating them. I always welcome them. I am in Calgary.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Are they PC in doing this?

Reply to
Clot

"Clot" wrote in news:B6OQj.112863$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net:

yup, they seem to be coming out of hibernation. My friends have tons of lady bugs inside their house. The bugs come out mostly where the area is sunny/warm.

Reply to
Marina

That was my former experience. I looked forward to the emergence. Today, in our bunker, we have no chance of seeing them. T'is sad but we do still have outbluidings that are not hermitically sealed that they are welcome to reside in - rent free!

Reply to
Clot

Isnt there a new variety that bites people

Reply to
ransley

Hi, They are not real ladybug.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

There is something that looks like a ladybug which is more of a pest. They flock to windows, and the problem is discussed on the ahr newsgroup periodically. Do your screen frames have a slittle slot at the bottom to drain rain water? Mine do. Perhaps, if you do, you can cover them with tape or glue on a small piece of screening.

Reply to
Norminn

car crash wrote in news:e24bf103-b2fd-4fc0-aeab- snipped-for-privacy@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Fly in, hitchhike on clothes, ride the family pet in, walk in the door. Just be glad they don't ring the bell every time.

Reply to
Red Green