ladybug question

I live in Ottawa, Canada and noticed that in the last 3 weeks several ladybugs inside my house around the windows. I'm trying to find out how they get in. I checked all around the windows and there doesn't seem to be any openings for them to get into. Any ideas on how ladybugs usually get into a house ? Thanks much.
car crash wrote:

On someone's clothing when the person enters the house.
car crash wrote:

I doubt that they got in recently. I suspect that they have been hibernating inside without your permission or knowledge. http://www.uksafari.com/ladybirds8.htm
Time you started charging rent! :)

yup, they seem to be coming out of hibernation. My friends have tons of lady bugs inside their house. The bugs come out mostly where the area is sunny/warm.
Marina wrote:

That was my former experience. I looked forward to the emergence. Today, in our bunker, we have no chance of seeing them. T'is sad but we do still have outbluidings that are not hermitically sealed that they are welcome to reside in - rent free!

Isnt there a new variety that bites people
ransley wrote:

Hi, They are not real ladybug.

It is generally believed a great many bugs get in the same way you do.
Their presence near the windows is most likely due to efforts to get out. -----
- gpsman

Manbugs let them in
ransley wrote:

Are they PC in doing this?
car crash wrote:

Hi, I want them in my house. Our sunroom has quite a few plants growing year round. Lady bugs take care of plant pests by eating them. I always welcome them. I am in Calgary.
car crash wrote:

There is something that looks like a ladybug which is more of a pest. They flock to windows, and the problem is discussed on the ahr newsgroup periodically. Do your screen frames have a slittle slot at the bottom to drain rain water? Mine do. Perhaps, if you do, you can cover them with tape or glue on a small piece of screening.

Fly in, hitchhike on clothes, ride the family pet in, walk in the door. Just be glad they don't ring the bell every time.