Kitchen worktop repair

I left a heavy glass on a shelf above my Kitchen worktop in my caravan and while travelling home the glass fell onto the worktop leaving an indentation which has cracked the surface at the edges of the indentation. Does anyone know how to repair such damage?

Reply to
kirky

What is the worktop made of?

Reply to
aspasia

Hi, I assume that it ia a standard chipboard with a laminated veneer.

Reply to
kirky

only three things you can do with a damaged laminate counter.

  1. Live with it.

  1. Remove and replace the laminate piece that is damaged. If it is a small piece like an end cap, you are lucky. Laminate can be removed by heating the laminate with an iron and peeling off the old stuff, you need to soften the glue. I can't tell if this step would work for you until I see the damage.

  2. Buy a new top.

snipped-for-privacy@thewoodworkersdepot.com

kirky wrote:

Reply to