Kitchen worktop repair

I left a heavy glass on a shelf above my Kitchen worktop in my caravan and while travelling home the glass fell onto the worktop leaving an indentation which has cracked the surface at the edges of the indentation. Does anyone know how to repair such damage?

What is the worktop made of?
aspasia wrote:

Hi, I assume that it ia a standard chipboard with a laminated veneer.
only three things you can do with a damaged laminate counter.
1. Live with it.
2. Remove and replace the laminate piece that is damaged. If it is a small piece like an end cap, you are lucky. Laminate can be removed by heating the laminate with an iron and peeling off the old stuff, you need to soften the glue. I can't tell if this step would work for you until I see the damage.
3. Buy a new top.
snipped-for-privacy@thewoodworkersdepot.com
kirky wrote:

Thanks Steve. You have basically confirmed what I suspected. I have seen some 'repair kits' on the market but I have been very skeptical about them, especially as some seem to cost more than the price of a new worktop. Your first suggestion, 'live with it' seems the most sensible - thanks.