Kitchen floor replacement options

Currently we have kitchen carpet because it was the warmest, cheapest option (we heat our home with a woodstove in the basement, but there's no heat under the kitchen). We do have an electric wall heater and electric baseboard heat on another wall in this room. Will it be terribly expensive to consider radiant heat under wood, or even fake wood, flooring? We would be hiring this out, as we aren't that handy. The area is about 250 sq.ft. Any ideas on costs, or other suggestions?

Reply to
jby266

Greetings,

Question: Will it be terribly expensive to consider radiant heat under wood, or even fake wood, flooring?

Answer: Yes, compaired to carpet. Also, you will pay more for the heat every year as I assume you will be using electricity to run it?

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William Deans