Kitchen faucet recommendations.

Right now we have a Delta waterfall faucet, with a stainless sink. This is the wrong type of faucet for SS, because the sink flexes too much. We are planning a kitchen remodel next year, and will use the faucet with the cast iron sink then.

So, I need a decent faucet until then. Not looking for cheap, but to get the biggest bang for the buck.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Mike W.

I like Mohen ... but there are lots to choose from.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Just curious: how does a slight mount of "flex" keep the faucet from doing its job?

Reply to
John Gilmer

Buy one with a small foot-print on the sink. That will make things easier when the day comes, 10 or 20 years from now, that have to replace it.

Reply to
mgkelson

I used to like Moen, but no longer. In my previous house I had one for over a dozen years with minimal problems. The one I have now has been troublesome. An internal plastic piece broke and the only way to shut off the water was to shut off the supply valves under the sink. Several chrome pieces have started to corrode. There is also significant corrosion on some of the internal surfaces that are not subject to getting wet. Even if they had been wet, this is a faucet. It is (or should be) designed for a wet environment. The final straw is that the pull-out head will no longer seat in the place where it is meant to park. Oh yes, it had poor water flow until I pulled out the water restrictor. It didn't make much sense as if you are going to fill a glass or a pot you are going to use the same amount of water regardless of how fast it comes out.

I am now in the market for a new faucet. If I have to pull out the Moen to replace the free chrome pieces, I will not replace it with the same make.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Regardless of brand, I think the ones where the main water outlet pulls out and becomes your sprayer as well are the most useful. I'm now to the point of not knowing how we got by without one. I find the dishes that we do in the sink are a breeze to rinse, and the thing reaches far enough to fill the coffee maker, what a joy that is! Not recommendation, just to define type;

Eric in North TX

I have 9 Delta faucets. All are used several times a day for over 12 years without incident and they are much less $ than Moen. I can't see spending over $100 for any faucet.

Reply to
Phisherman

Yeah, I could take it back or I could call Moen. That's not really the point. In my opinion it is poorly designed or poorly manufactured or both. It has been a constant source of aggravation. If I have to crawl under the sink and remove it, I want to install something that will do what it is supposed to do and do it well . That includes function, durability and finish, etc. I can probably get a new one from Moen under the warranty. In fact as I recall the history of this thing, it was actually replaced right after we moved into this house and it was new. The original faucet apparently had a bad casting. The hot water delivery was less than half of the cold water. I tried switching the supply lines and the problem was now on the cold water. That exonerated the plumbing and indicted the fixture.

Sorry, but enough is enough. I will not put another Moen on the sink.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

The Pegasus stuff is actually pretty well made, according to a master plumber buddy of mine who is as shocked as anyone that a Home Depot house brand is pretty decent.

I have the model that looks like a mini commercial sink sprayer and it's been largely a treat and very handy.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Thanks for the response. We looked at the Pegasus line at HD and I was leery about getting a house brand from them. My wife liked the one that I think you got. The only problem is that there is a window right in front of the sink and the faucet would stick up too high,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

I too have had trouble with a recent Moen faucet. The cartridge keeps needing to be replaced and then a part of a O ring got stuck in the delivery tube. They sent a replacement but I think now I want to switch to something else. I used to use Delta, maybe I will go back to that. Or maybe Kohler.

Reply to
rchanson

Flip a coin. I've had extremely good luck with the brands you mentioned, but I've also had a few problems with each brand also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski