Kitchen Counter Donations

I have heard that I can donate me used kitchen counter-tops instead of throwing them away. Does anybody know of any charities that would accept this donation in central NJ?
Habitat-for-Humanity take donations of certain used building materials. However, countertops are really size specific to each house and unless you had long lengths without holes that can be cut to fit another house, I doubt they would be interested.

On Nov 9, 10:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@scharfgroup.com wrote:

It's not NJ, but if anybody near Mesa AZ needs this kind of store, there's an outfit called Stardust (I believe) that will come pick up your old stuff after a remodel, sell it in their store, and uses the proceeds to help low-income people with their housing repair needs.
Picked up a decent cabinet for the laundry room there about 6 months ago.
Jerry

I put my cabinets/counter tops on craigslist, for free, and they were gone in about 5 min. If they are in reasonably good shape you could probably sell them.
Jim
--
What was the best thing before sliced bread?

snipped-for-privacy@scharfgroup.com wrote:

If you just want to rid yourself of it, put it on the curb for the urban faeries.
Habitat For Humanity has donation stores in various locations, so check their website and see if there is a store location near you.
Also, for this and other freebie giveaways, check out:
http://www.FreeCycle.org
I just heard about this a few weeks ago and joined two of their locate groups where I have properties.
If you decide to join, it is not required, but it is sometimes easier, if you have or create a Yahoo.com email address. That's because the whole thing is set up as a series of local FreeCycle Yahoo Groups where people post and receive messages for items OFFERED, WANTED, TAKE, etc.
Everything is for free and the signup is free and anonymous.

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:52:56 -0500, "BETA-32"

Freecycle will be moving to its own server off of Yahoogroups, and the risk is high that they'll be selling member addresses, so keep that in mind before joining. Instead, look for ReUseIt groups http://www.reuseitnetwork.org/ or the local Craigslist.org free section.
http://www.sgfreecycle.org / http://www.wikihow.com/Find-an-Alternative-to-Freecycle