Kitchen Aid Dryer not heating up

My Kitchen Aid dryer stopped working yesterday (after successfully drying 5 loads of clothes). It doesn't get warm and I've checked the lint trap (clean) and the vent is connected. Any trouble shooting ideas?
Thanks!

www.appliance411.com www.repairclinic.com

Thanks to all who responded. It is a gas dryer and the problem is fixed. I'm almost too embarrassed to admit I had it on "air dry". Oops! At least this group has taught me to trouble shoot before making that service call. Thanks again!

Oops is right ;)
Glad you found that!!
Thankx for the update.

had two service calls that I can remember going to where that was the "problem".
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (chattycat) wrote in message

Hi,
Gas or electric? Model#?
A copy...
Q - My electric dryer runs but will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating ?
A - Things that could stop a electric dryer from heating:
- house fuse or breaker... - heating element ... - burnt wire ... - thermostats ... thermal fuse ( not all models )... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - burnt power cord/plug ...
A ohm meter test for these parts is below, http://www.applianceaid.com/test_with_ohmmeter.html
Q - My gas dryer will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating ?
A - Things that could stop a gas dryer from heating:
- glow bar igniter ... - thermal fuse ( not all models ) ... - coil on the gas valve ... - gas valve ... - thermostats ... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - sensor ...
A page for checking gas dryers is below, http://www.applianceaid.com/gas_dryer.html

Venting rarly gets disconnected, but should be checked/cleaned out every couple of years or so.