Keyless door locks

Anyone purchased a keyless door lock recently? I have been thinking of getting one for my house and don't know which to buy the prices seem to vary I found this one http://www.musicgraveyard.com/sitokeensy.html for 46.00 w/shipping
Looks like the same one here for 60.00 plus shipping
http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-~keyless+door+locks+%2B+home-p18933309
and this one for 70.00?
http://www.brandsonsale.com/ht-001361.html
Anybody buy one of these seems worthwhile for 46.00 for those times when you don't have the keys or need a neighbor or friend to check on the house
Wayne
wayne wrote:

Use a keyless remote garage door opener keypad instead.
I have one more of a pain to program for one time use and in case of power outage doesn't work garage door is pretty slow then have to go out and use the code again to relock just a pain
Wayne
Travis Jordan wrote:

wayne wrote:

You'd be surprised. I installed one and now I use it almost daily when I'm outside working.

I had one made by Weiser, sold in Lowes for about 100 bucks. Really liked it when I walked the dog, no keys no wallet, Programming them is a bit of a challenge. Mostly cause you do not do it very often. Even with premium batteries of the AA variety I changed the batteries every 8 months or so. If the batteries die you need a key or another entry into the house. If I ever stay in a house for more than a year I will buy them again
SQLit ( snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net) said...

We bought the Weiser unit and put it on the door to the house from our garage. Great to have when carrying something from the car and don't want to fumble with finding the right key.
The kids often head out that way and don't have to worry about carrying a key. The garage door uses a keypad to open, then the keypad to enter the house.
The Weiser lock also lets you program in a second code, so if you have to have any contractor come in, you can give them a code that you can clear/change once the work is done without effecting your own day-to-day code.

I find I get about that length with budget-priced AA batteries. You do get several days to a week of notice when the sound of it locking and unlocking starts to get weak.
They sell around here for about C$120 (about US$100), but we bought ours when someone had it on sale for C$90, so we went to the BORG and got them to match it minus 10%.
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
I've used two different models in both houes I owned and liked them both. Though I have a slight preference for the one I have now, which is http://www.mrlock.com/eshop/locks/mfg/kaba/simplex/7000.html?id=DN2V3LGy .
wayne wrote:

wayne wrote:

I installed two of those $46.00 locks (at least, they look identical), one on our home and one on our walk-in garage door, that I purchased on e-Bay and they seem to work fine for the price. The reason I said "for the price" is because they are made quite cheaply and I actually had to make a repair on one of them before installing it.
If they are going to get used a lot I would NOT recommend them unless you are handy and don't mind messing with them. I am just going to purchase another one for a spare so I will have a matching one if one fails.
Don
Thanks that is the kind of feedback I was looking for
Wayne
Donald Gares wrote:

I have one made by Kwikset, which has wireless remotes and keypad. I've been using these for about 6 years, and they work great. It's handy to be able to unlock the door as you walk up, and it automatically locks after 30 seconds or so.
The remote can also control a light and certain garage doors.
They don't have it on their web site now, instead replacing it with a non-remote keypad, probably made by Weiser.
Pagan

I haven't had a house key since 1971. I have the Simplex mechanical combo locks. No batteries