Kenmore Washer Problem

Hi got an kenmore 80 series washer that will overflow. when it adds water it doesn't stop at the set small/medium/full loads, its just keeps filling full of water until it overflows. I bought a new water level switch and it nver fixed the problem what else could it be the problem?

or down the drain. If it's the drain, if the drain pipe is below the level of the tub, it will never shut off but just continue to run the overflow water down the drain. If not this, isn't there a plastic tube that runs from the tub to the overflow switch. If this develops a hole in it, air pressure is not applied to the switch to shut it off.
Tom G
I followed your advice and inspected the plastic tube. At first I couldn't see anything wrong so I took it off and placed it in a bucket of water and used compressed air through it, Sure enough there were bubbles. I didn't have an replacement hose handie so I used some ski-doo gasline hose until I get a replacement. Thanks.