kenmore washer drive coupler

Hello,

My Kenmore direct drive washer was not spinning but the pump was working. The plastic part of the coupler was worn/stripped. The rest of the coupler looked OK. I replaced the drive coupler and it ran for a short while (less than one load) and then the same problem came back. The plastic part of the coupler that attaches to the transmission was completely worn/stripped.

I am not an appliance repairman so it's possible that I am doing this wrong.

Is it possible that the transmission is on its way out? There is some grease on the area surrounding the drive on the transmission.

Thanks,

Jack

Reply to
thegusdog