kenmore washer drive coupler

Hello,
My Kenmore direct drive washer was not spinning but the pump was working. The plastic part of the coupler was worn/stripped. The rest of the coupler looked OK. I replaced the drive coupler and it ran for a short while (less than one load) and then the same problem came back. The plastic part of the coupler that attaches to the transmission was completely worn/stripped.
I am not an appliance repairman so it's possible that I am doing this wrong.
Is it possible that the transmission is on its way out? There is some grease on the area surrounding the drive on the transmission.
Thanks,
Jack