kenmore washer agitator problem

Hello, I have a Kenmore series 80 Washer _ like new condition.

However, after recently moving I'm having trouble with the agitator. The machine won't agitate correctly any longer. If I have a small load with not much in it its fine, however, a larger load with more weight seems to bog down the agitator. It works but its hardly turning.

I took the spinner off and re-attached a bit tighter. It helped a bit but hasn't solved the problem.

Any ideas what the problem might be and is this a repair I could easily do myself?

Thanks

Could you please reply to snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Glenn

Reply to
GISuser

im guessing but maybe a loose or missing spring? im guessing you havent got to a spin cycle yet and thats not working either. im guessing.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

Some -common- agitator trouble makers....

the inside of the agitator can wear out and the agitator will no longer go back and forth to wash, also the metal transmission shaft can rust and wear away.
jeff. Applaince Repair Aid

jeff