Kenmore canister vacuum cleaner

Hi,

I have a Kenmore canister type vacuum clear (116.22612201). Recently its pipe connecttion to hose broke. Replaced it with a new one. Now the Vacuum does not work at all. I looked at the Motor Relay and it is not at all wired as per the circuit shown.

I am tracing wires now to make sure the circuit is fine. The relay has a coil sign something like (--()-()-()-()-()--). What does it mean ? Is it a fuse or just an inductance coil.

Thanks

Reply to
Sanjaya

Hi,

Most failures on these are in the wand switch (8191600); the relays have been very reliable. You'll want to check your wiring connections in the wand/cuff. Those push-in connectors can be a pain.

To run the vac to test, just jumper the 3 female term's coming out of the vac with a 100W light bulb in a socket. (That way you don't have to worry about jumpering the wrong ones). If it runs jumpered, you'll know the problem's in the wand, not in the motor or relay area.

Hope that's of some help.

God bless,

Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA

snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!)

John 3:3

Reply to
Dave Harnish

is the relay coil 110? or does the unit have a transformer to drop it to 24v ? if the unit is old maybe the brushes not touching comm

Reply to
Playintennis5274