Karcher pressure washer nozzle problem

Hi,
I just bought a Karcher G 3050 OH pressure washer only to find that the quick-connect nozzles don't "click" into place as described in the manual. Pulling the locking shield back the nozzle goes into place but the shield does not seem to return past the ball bearings such that it holds the nozzle in securely. It only takes a small tug to pull the nozzle out again.
Anyone else that has a Karcher able to tell me if this is by design or if there is some issue I'm having possibly with wrongly packaged nozzles or some sort of defect? Does your quick connect nozzle lock into place such that it cannot be removed without pulling back the shield? I've just now discovered after purchase that Karcher support is limited to a searchable online FAQ and a feedback post..no phone numbers that I can see.
Thanks
Scott

Tel 1.800.537.4129

It's not by design. The quick connects may need to be lubed. Spray a little light oil into them and they should connect easier.
On Oct 15, 2:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Thanks much for the replies. Simultaneously pressing down on the nozzle and up on the shield while twisting apparently seats the nozzle properly. I will try some lubrication to see if it will seat a bit more in line with the instructions.

My quick disconnect doesn't work too well on the Karcher either. Had to play with it until it locks in. Like tnom said a little lube should help. Other than the engine or compressor, I found Karcher parts are only warranted for something like 30 days so you need to resolve this fast. Mine had a big two year warranty printed on the box but I didn't read the fine print for all the exceptions in the manual after purchased.