Just primer, not paint

Hi,

I have primed the walls in the room that I intended to paint white (Glidden gripper) and it looks just great. Can I leave it as it is or am I better off (and why) putting on a coat of paint?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude

Put paint on, the primer will wear and wash off.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Over time, the primer will yellow faster than the finished paint. It is not very washable, it is usually not quite a smooth. It is made to perform a specific task and to be coated with a different paint. It may look OK for a time but don't expect it to perform as well as top coat paint.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

imho,

I've found that primer's design for a 'attachable' surface for paint, also allows for attachment of dust, and dirt.

Just my observations.

tom @

Tom The Great

Give this man a cheroot! The term is "tooth" and the primer will start to look funky soon. Primer is primer and finish coats are finish coats. They each have their job and are not interchangeable.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Thank you, I tried to remember the right word.

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great