Just in Time ! 11 ways to storm-proof your house !

"Whatever the cause, it seems that as we renovate our older homes or build new ones, mitigating the effects of these storms is something we'll all have to address. "Here are some tips for getting your home in a position to ride out a storm."
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/11/01/11-ways-to-hurricane-proof-your-house/#ixzz2B3by2r7j

I think a lot of Americans are going to believe in Global Warming now. Even dopey republicans.
On 11/2/2012 2:48 PM, harry wrote:

I believe in very long natural cycles in The Earth's weather. Anyone with even a modicum of scientific knowledge will understand the simple fact that our Earth experiences some very long cycles in many events. Some of them are very well understood but many of them remain a total mystery. ^_^
TDD
On Nov 3, 4:21am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

All have been associated with increases in atmospheric CO2. In the past from volcanic activity, today very likely from human activity.
On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 00:47:11 -0700 (PDT), harry

Several years ago there was ann extensive study of CO2 reported in Scientific American that traced the rise of CO2 back 8000 years. It tracks human population as closely as any other metric. You can blame fossil fuels but that would only account for a couple hundred years. The link that stands up is the rise of agriculture, to feed all of those people and recently to put fuel in their cars. Is it really ecologically sound to burn the rain forest and drain the wet lands of Brazil to make ethanol? Should we be growing corn to make ethanol here?
A sure fire way to cut CO2, scrub about 4 billion people off the world population. Then we could get back to 1940 levels.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I'm with you there, and that day may be coming relatively soon. I read an article in Wired magazine 15 or 20 years ago that predicted mankind's biggest threat in the 21st century would arise from the confluence of computing power, genetic engineering, and nanotechnology. Among other doomsday scenarios, one was that any teenage hack will be able to create not a computer virus, but a real human biological virus. ("There's an app for that.")