Just curious if you have experience with pouring boiling water into glass jars?

Page 2 of 2
On Jan 7, 8:23pm, snipped-for-privacy@voyager.net (natp) wrote:

I've had that happen to me with glass drink bottles - probably bottled iced tea as you'd buy at a gas station on a road trip or something. You know how you get that cool "smack" sound when you hit the lid with the flat of your hand? I just picked up a bottle out of the cooler, idly smacked it for no real reason, and the bottom of the bottle popped off and landed on the ground. Fortunately I was not in a car but standing in a parking lot when that happened. I haven't done that since :)
nate

My HS physics teacher used to do that as a demo. Think its also on Utube.
Jimmie