Jacuzzi Tub

Hello all, I've just purchased a house with a Jacuzzi Tub. The house has been unoccupied since May of 03. I've scrubbed out the tub and run it with a cup of bleach in the water. A lot of crud spewed out of the jets and the jets are yellowed with minerals. Should I replace the jets? Should I replace the pipes that connect to the jets? I'm worried about bacteria. I've searched the internet about Jacuzzi care and maintenance but haven't found much.

Any advice is appreciated. thank you -nancy-

Reply to
Momzilla

Jacuzzi sent out letters suggestion cleaning methods as a result of a law suit. Have you checked their site for instructions or tried calling them. They have a FAQ with the info you need. I copied some of it here:

"Is it necessary to clean the jetted system? A To remove accumulations of bath residue from the jetted system, it is recommended that a jetted bath be purged at least twice a month. For best results, however, we recommend that you purge your jetted bath after each use using our exclusive two-part plumbing system cleaner made specifically for jetted baths. Systems CleanT is available through an authorized Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath Distributor or by calling us direct at 1-800-288-4002. . Instructions for use: Immediately after bathing and exiting the jetted bath, leave the bath water in the tub and add hot water, if necessary, so the water is at least 2" above the highest jet. . Turn on the unit without the aerator. Pour the contents of the Systems Clean Packet 1 (taking care not to get the material on yourself) into the bath near the intake for the circulation pump. . Repeat same process with Systems Clean Packet 2. It is important to use Packet 1 before Packet 2 to avoid a strong odor. Run the bath for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain completely and rinse any residue. If you have followed the standard purging instructions above and still have an excess accumulation of bath residue: . We recommend SUPER SYSTEMS CLEAN PLUS manufactured by Stearns Packaging to rectify this condition. This may be obtained by contacting us at

1-800-288-4002. It is recommended that you follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer with the product. Repeated use may be necessary. SUPER SYSTEMS CLEAN PLUS does not replace the necessity to regularly purge your jetted system with Systems Clean as recommended. (For additional information about water content, contact us for a copy of the Jacuzzi Water Quality Primer.) Q Which cleaning product/s does Jacuzzi recommend that I use to clean the acrylic surface of my bath? A In most cases, your bath can be cleaned using liquid soap and a soft cloth. If a stronger cleanser is needed, check the label to ensure that it is safe for use on acrylic surfaces. Q What can be done about the minor scuffs and scratches that I noticed after my bath was installed? A Your product is manufactured with a tough, durable acrylic surface. Minor scratches can be removed by wet sanding the area with 600 grit sand paper. Restore the gloss using a product called Meguires #10 Mirror Glaze or automotive paste wax. You may refer the service to one of our Authorized Finish Contractors. A listing can be found on the repair services section of our web site."

Reply to
Art

Thank You Art. This is most helpful. -nancy-

Reply to
Momzilla