It broke (Allen wrench)

Page 2 of 2

The United States is a litiginous nation! Remember the McDonald's coffee cup incident?
Contact their customer service, explain what happened, and the INJURY you sustained. See what they'll do for you.
I once had a UL approved multiple outlet AC adapter from Sears outlet catch fire! Only because we were present at the time, kept our home from burning down. You can't believe how nice that company was dealing with that issue.
Robert Macy wrote:

Depends on the company. I bought a SKIL brand sabre saw which, after a few uses over the course of a few years, developed a fault in the on/off switch. The problem was that when you turn the saw on, the "on - lock" engages, and there is no way to shut the saw off unless you lift the saw up out of the cut, and tip the sabre saw (which is running, and with a blade installed), sideways.
I figured such a glaring defect, with such dangerous consequences, would immediately be rectified by the SKIL company, but unfortunately, I was mistaken.
After speaking to a SKIL "customer service" rep and his manager, I was informed that the saw was out of warranty, and that I would have to purchase a replacement switch.
Apparantly to the SKIL company it is preferable to wait until someone suffers a bodily injury than to replace a defective switch.
That is the last SKIL brand tool I will ever purchase.
Jon

I've done my share of wrenching, and never broke a hand tool I wasn't abusing. I do recall a Craftsman screwdriver blade that got chipped due to bad heat treating. I just put it on the grinder. OTOH, I've lost many hand tools. So the guarantee means squat. Allen wrench sets or bits are too cheap to buy to worry about. It is unusual though. I've flexed allen wrenches with cheaters and hammers and never had one snap. The one you broke was pure crap.
--Vic
On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 06:08:43 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

The cheaper allen wrenches are almost always brittle due to low quality steel. Spend the money for a better brand.

1/8th

in

(Task

think

attached

I agree with previous poster. HF tools are good if it's something you'll only use once in a great while. Would not buy them for everyday use. Go with Craftsman or another guaranteed brand.
As for guarantee, they will replace broken hand tools. Just bring in the broken one and they'll swap it out. I have a neighbor that does it pretty regularly.

the

on

are

                             _________________________ Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com