Is there such a drill motor?

I recently did a few searches for a ' 3/8" capacity, 12V, hammer drill with a Lithium battery ' but keep coming up empty.

Is there such an animal?

TIA.

Lewis

*****
Reply to
limeylew

Try

About eight or so, available today from about $70 and up.

Stormin Mormon

"Don Phillipson" wrote in news:jp5lq7$cbd$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

try Harbor Freight? ISTR they have a "12V" Li-ion drill-driver. Not a hammer drill,though.

using lithium cells,an 18V pack is smaller and lighter than a 12V NiCd or NiMH packs,has more energy density,and doesn't self-discharge in a short time. you can leave one in storage for 6 months,and still use it immediately without first having to recharge it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

If you need a hammer drill, you probably want more than 12V. It would be a very limited market.

A couple of years ago I'd say that 12 and 14.4 made sense for drill because they are lighter and adequate. Last week I used a Milwaukee

18V and it was nice to handle. Battery technology is improving.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Another in the line of Milwaukee

Reply to
PV

Many manufacturers have lower voltage (than 18V) driver/drills. No need to buy junk.

A 12V LiIon is lighter yet.

Reply to
krw