Is there any roof coating that can be specifically applied over shingles (for the entire roof) ?

Page 2 of 2
Tony Hwang wrote the following:

LOL, LOL, I am in the NE US where we have very cold winters and my 27 year old house has black shingles. I wanted to match the color of the house roof. The sun room has the same type as yours. Large foam cored panels with aluminum covering on the inside and a wood exterior covering for shingling (maybe 5" thick). There are no soffit vents or ridge vents, therefore no venting between the roof and interior. I made a mistake trying to match the sunroom roof with the house roof. LOL! Did you have any suggestions for the OP? LOL.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Colbyt wrote the following:

It was only a couple of years old, and it was in very good shape. I only did it to reduce the summer heat in the sunroom, and it did that very well. I didn't use a brush. I did the whole thing with a roller, but I did have to make a triangular jig to keep the roller pan level while on the roof pitch.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

OT, but somewhat related.
When I grew up in Queens, NY, I lived in the 2nd house in a row of 13 attached brick homes (1 block, 1 building, 13 individual 2 story plus basement homes).
Since mine was the second house in the row, my backyard faced the side of the house on the block that was at a right angle to ours. That house was also brick and the brick was in need of some serious repair work.
We were good friends with the owners and they knew that we didn't get much sun in our backyard because it was on the north side of the house.
To repair the flaking brick, they had a company come in and stucco the side of their house, but they didn't stop there. They "hand carved" mortar joints and painted the outline of bricks into the stucco.
It looked like white brick with black mortar. The black wasn't painted on the flat surface of the stucco, the mortar joints were actually carved into the stucco so they looked like true mortar joints.
It did a great job of reflecting the sun into our backyard and making it much brighter. It probably served to cool their house also.
On Fri, 20 May 2011 07:01:09 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Yep, it's called WATER. Get your hose and spray the roof. It will reflect the sun. Cost is cheap too.
On 5/20/2011 9:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Actually, if he's using city water it contains chlorine and can damage the roof.
Jim

thats OK rain now contains radiation thats probably not good for roofs either:)
If the OP can afford it why not just replace the roof NOW, assuming it wouldnt need replaced again in the OPs lifetime:(
amazing how stuff you do at 20 without a thought changes when your over 50, and changes again for folks in their late 70:)
there are 50 year guaranteed shingles, costly but might help