Is my builder shafting me with the AC unit he selected?

Page 2 of 2
Ahh. Now I see what the problem is. Some fool who thinks this forum belongs to him got his panties in a wad because a lay person (that would be me) posted a lay question (that would be mine) on this site.
Let me explain. I am the original poster. I know nothing about A/c except that mine was not blowing to my expectation. I came online like I normally do and read a bit before I posted. Then I looked at the newsgroup that have discussions about a/c. Then I posted on such newsgroup asking some non technical questions but after some research. (I can only imagine what the reaction would have been if I had not done a bit of research before I asked my question).
I apologize for not being an expert and hurting anyone's feeling for posting on "their" newsgroup. My intent was just to get some answers.
jasguild
wrote in message

Did the guy down the street pay for an upgraded unit? Even an 12 seer is no bargain in today's market. There are units getting close to 20 out there now.
As for the upstairs unit running all of the time. Yeah that is what is going to happen when heat rises. In the winter the bottom will run longer. One of the biggest reasons for me not to own an 2 story home. Unless you can shut off the stair well your always going to have heat rising.
I worked on an 2 story home in Arizona once had a 5 ton down and 3 ton up. The 3 ton never shut off during the summer months. The owner finally tired of the $800 a month electric bills remodeled the 6 month old home with doors at the top of the stairs so that the upstairs unit would cycle during the summer. The upstairs unit quit working on the third year.
If you planning on staying in the home check the insulation in the attic. At the beginning of the summer I added R-19 to my attic, (home built in 1999) I am new to the home, previous owner had bills of $250 a month. My high so far is $154