is it possible to repair a cracked floorboard?

I have a creak in my living room and upon further inspection in my basement I noticed that one of the floorboards under the hardwood flooring has cracked. Is there a way to fix it without taking up the hardwood flooring and replacing the entire board? The crack extends about 12" and is very accessible from the basement, I was wondering if there was a way to clamp it together to keep the cracked parts from rubbing so much.
Joe wrote:

Bridge the split area with another board screwed to it from underneath. Kinda doubt that is the source of your creak as the finished floor isn't/shouldn't be laid parallel to the sub-floor.
--

dadiOH

Can't hurt to smear some wood glue on the board also.