is it OK to buy a central system that uses R22 freon?

Page 2 of 2
fashun08 wrote the following:

You can buy it. There's a lot on ebay http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=r22+refrigerant
I would assume that all AC repairers will carry it as long as there are R22 systems.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 7/15/2011 9:40 PM, fashun08 wrote:

Actually, you CAN still buy brand new R-22 systems. They are "dry shipped" as opposed to pre-charged. They have to be evacuated and charged after install, rather than just releasing the pre-charged refrigerant as you normally would. Yes, the newer types of refrigerant are preferred, but certainly nothing wrong with r-22.
--
Steve Barker