irrigation sytem from low lying area

I have a low lying area in back of my house where water collects. Anyone with any ideas as to how I can use the water from this low lying area to water my lawn. I thought I could get some sort of pump and suck the water upwards to avoid clogging the lines. Any ideas would be welcome.
david wrote:

Not likely a good idea. That kind of ground water is going to have various things in it that will block up your distribution system. You would need some rather extensive filtering. It also would likely not be available when you needed it most.
Depending on the soils, you might be able to put in a shallow well in the area however.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math