Iodine Stain

How do you remove iodine stain from a carpet
____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com http://www.homerepairlive.com
Add pictures here
✖
HOW DO I REMOVE IDONE STAIN IN ATHROW RUG?
✖

Visit: alt.home.repair (where your post ended up)or
http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/browse/clean/0,21771,3040400000-Issue_Date-desc-50-1-15,00.html
If that proves too much head to Wal Mart®
Happy modeming, Bill
Add pictures here
✖
No good news here, but at least you know.
http://www.fabriclink.com/Carpet/Untreatable.html

Add pictures here
✖

photo supply fixer solution contains other chemicals in addition to sodium thiosulfate, it should not be used as these other chemicals might cause irreversible damage to your carpet.
Mike
____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com http://www.homerepairlive.com
Add pictures here
✖
mikeytag wrote:

store in the fish section and get a dechlorinator.
--
Grandpa - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

What is that dripping from my fingers?
✖
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 01:54:32 -0500, mikeytag

Painters use it to clean up with. I use it a litle bit in the dishwasher.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:02:22 AM UTC-7, joevan wrote:

THAT'S INTERESTING!
Why are you using TSP in your DW? Is your detergent not cleaning properly? If not, did you try another brand? Are you using a rinse agent?
Would appreciate hearing about TSP use; that's a new one to me.
HB
Add pictures here
✖
On Thursday, June 5, 2014 12:57:38 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

The hippies banned phosphates in DW detergent a few years ago. So, to replace it, some are resorting to adding TSP because they don't want to eat off of dirty dishes.
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/5/2014 12:57 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

With a good machine and a good detergent, you don't need it. With some machines and detergents, they don't clean as well since the phosphates wee eliminated by regulation.
I've been using Cascade Platinum and a new machine and it is perfect. The old Cascade was not as good. I probably would have resorted tot he TSP thing.
Add pictures here
✖

What keeps 'stirring' up these old threads? This one has a 2006 date on it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:23:48 AM UTC-4, Robert Macy wrote:

I suspect that it's people who go googling for something, usually a problem they are having, find the old thread then reply to it. It's also worth noting that this poster was using Forte. In another thread a poster here claimed this problem was caused by people using Google groups, instead of using a "real" client type newsreader. Yet here is is with Forte.
What I can't explain is why it's suddenly happening more frequently.
Add pictures here
✖

Tsp. is the abbreviation for teaspoon. That's what the ancient poster Mike meant, not TSP.
TSP stands for trisodium phosphate, not sodium thiophosphate**. The OP said the latter was good to remove iodine, but I'd check on that before buying it. He might also mean pharmacist in American when he said chemist.
**Maybe someone uses STP to mean sodium thiophospate, but to remove iodine I wouldn't use the stuff that Andy Granatelli endorses.

Does it remove iodine?
Add pictures here
✖

Wait long enough and it should disappear all by itself as iodine sublimes. If you don't want to wait, sodium thiosulfate ("hypo") makes it colorless.
--

dadiOH

NSA search engines?
Add pictures here