Iodine Stain

HOW DO I REMOVE IDONE STAIN IN ATHROW RUG?

____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com

Mutt Polit

How do you remove iodine stain from a carpet

____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com

Mutt Polit

Visit: alt.home.repair (where your post ended up)or

If that proves too much head to Wal Mart®

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
Bill Kitterman

No good news here, but at least you know.

Charlie Bress

Yes, that's right many times it is called an "acid fixer". However, if the photo supply fixer solution contains other chemicals in addition to sodium thiosulfate, it should not be used as these other chemicals might cause irreversible damage to your carpet.

Mike

____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com

mikeytag

My local camera stores do not sell developing supplies, so go to the pet store in the fish section and get a dechlorinator.

Reply to
Grandpa

Tsp is available from hardware stores. Painters use it to clean up with. I use it a litle bit in the dishwasher.

Reply to
joevan

What keeps 'stirring' up these old threads? This one has a 2006 date on it.

Reply to
RobertMacy

THAT'S INTERESTING!

Why are you using TSP in your DW? Is your detergent not cleaning properly? If not, did you try another brand? Are you using a rinse agent?

Would appreciate hearing about TSP use; that's a new one to me.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

The hippies banned phosphates in DW detergent a few years ago. So, to replace it, some are resorting to adding TSP because they don't want to eat off of dirty dishes.

Reply to
trader_4

I suspect that it's people who go googling for something, usually a problem they are having, find the old thread then reply to it. It's also worth noting that this poster was using Forte. In another thread a poster here claimed this problem was caused by people using Google groups, instead of using a "real" client type newsreader. Yet here is is with Forte.

What I can't explain is why it's suddenly happening more frequently.

Reply to
trader_4

With a good machine and a good detergent, you don't need it. With some machines and detergents, they don't clean as well since the phosphates wee eliminated by regulation.

I've been using Cascade Platinum and a new machine and it is perfect. The old Cascade was not as good. I probably would have resorted tot he TSP thing.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Tsp. is the abbreviation for teaspoon. That's what the ancient poster Mike meant, not TSP.

TSP stands for trisodium phosphate, not sodium thiophosphate**. The OP said the latter was good to remove iodine, but I'd check on that before buying it. He might also mean pharmacist in American when he said chemist.

**Maybe someone uses STP to mean sodium thiophospate, but to remove iodine I wouldn't use the stuff that Andy Granatelli endorses.

Does it remove iodine?

Reply to
micky

Wait long enough and it should disappear all by itself as iodine sublimes. If you don't want to wait, sodium thiosulfate ("hypo") makes it colorless.

Reply to
dadiOH

NSA search engines?

Reply to