Intermittent Dehumidifier Compressor

My dehumidifier works sometimes, but other times the compressor doesn't seem to start up. Fan runs when it is supposed to, humid level dial seems to be working, water level switch is ok.
When it runs, the coils get cold, 1 pipe from the compressor gets hot, 1 gets cold (where not covered by insulation) and everything is golden. Other times, sound and fury (fan), but no dehumidification.
I went looking for a relay or something that might be stuck, didn't find one, but did find: "Klixon 4TM" and "Jahwa Positive Temperature Coefficient Thermistor" under a cover on the side of the compressor. The Klixon seems to be an overtemp protection device. The Jahwa thing is a mystery to me. It seems to have something to do with switching the start capacitor in/out of circuit. Do these things fail? Are they available to Joe Average as replacements? Is there a work around?
Any advice appreciated.
Red
Add pictures here
✖
Yes, they very commonly fail. Yes, there is a work around. Not sure that the work around is sold to the public. I've serviced a bunch of balky compressors, like that.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I've seen references on the net to a "hard start kit". Is that the magic work around?
Are these electronic doodads expensive? My Korean (Chinese?) isn't good enough to navigate Jahwa's website!
Red
Add pictures here
✖
Yes, hard start kit. Expensive? Well, that depends. Is a man tall? Is a distance long?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ouch. Probably deserved that.
How many candy bars would I have to trade for one? (ANSI Standard candy bars?)
Red
Add pictures here
✖