Insulation Measurment - Funny Math

I need to insulate 900 sqft of space. When I look at R-30 batts from home depot they are marked 53.3 sqft. The actual measurment is

10"x16"x48". Unless my math has failed me the measurment for sqft is lengthxwidth. If you do the math for the HD R-30 insulation it comes out to 5.3 sqft - 16"x48"=768sq inches, 768/144=5.33 sqft. It would appear that what is shown on the bag is cubic feet, not sqft. So my questin is this; how many batts to insulate a 900 sqft area, 16.8 or 168.8?

These are the batts here:

Carbon Fiber Composite Expert

Read the bag, there are 10 - 5.3 sq ft batts in that bag.

Reply to
ransley

here:

Doh and double doh!!!!