insulation cleaning

Hi there,

Does anyone have a suggestion to help get the soot from a roof job off of insulation batts?

Rich

Reply to
jazzersaxman

Why bother?

Reply to
C & E

problem may be asbestos content subject to the roofing type. but otherwise in theory: while wearing an osha approved respirator and enclosed safety goggles and a disposable coverall hand protection and foot covering: set up shop vac with hepa filter outdoors. suck thru favorite sized attachment but run the suck hose thru a y connector with adjustable shutoff or partial duct tape on the open y leg, so you can reduce suction to the level needed for the task.

Reply to
buffalobill

My thoughts exactly. If it is unfaced, then I might say it's unpossible (nothing is impossible for an obsessive-compulsive with some tweezers)

If the OP is determined, I might suggest a leaf blower (assuming the soot is not a toxic pollutant). Best yet, put in another layer of insulation and cover it up.

Reply to
pipedown

Easy. Lay down plastic sheets on the batts before the roof job. Works really well.

Reply to
Bob F