Insulating Shop

What R value are you trying to achieve. I take it you are in Iowa Zone

5 ? . A space to live in should have R 35 minimum and up to R 70+. What is beam depth. Foamboard could be used for the final piece to hold it in place. Or how are you planning on finishing it. Vapor barrier should face down to the floor, not roof. What is the bldg for, finish and heat cost desire.
Reply to
m Ransley

Use the stiff foam sheets with the foil on them. If you need multiple layers, only use the foil face on the innermost layer. Other option is the wrapped panels the pole barn companies sell, but that is pretty expensive. I wouldn't use fiberglass unless place will be climate-controlled forever.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers

I have a pole building that I want to insulate. It has 8ft between centers . Has anyone ever stapled 23" insulation together with success ? I will have to run batts across to hold the insulation from falling down but I am trying to prevent from having to runn a stud every two feet if at all possible. Thanks, Raz

Reply to
Iowa883

Won't you need studs to hold the wall paneling?

I'll suggest solid foam insulation over fiberglass, less chance of mold, should it get wet.

One could spray on expanding foam insulation, I've seen them do this on TOH, look for a contractor in your area.

Reply to
John Hines

I am using it for a part time business, I will have white paneling as the interior wall. It will be held at say 40-45 degrees unless I am out there and the business work will be probably around a total of 24 hrs a weeks.

I will be using the ceiling radiant heat tubes and yes I do live in Iowa.

Is this enough info. for a recommendation ? Thanks, Raz

Reply to
Iowa883

Since you're here in Iowa call L&L Insulation in Ankeny, they make all kinds of insulation for pole type buildings. I've done quality control audits there for the National Association of Home Builders. They should be able to help you out or direct you to an outlet closer to you.

Dan

Reply to
Dan