Instant hot water at the faucets

I don't know anything about this except what it says here. REMichel is a very well regarded company around here, and in about 10 states.
http://techtips.remichel.com/ShowInstallTip.asp?InstallItemIDA
Hot Water Circulation
Instant hot water at the faucets
Voluntary potable water conservation is certainly environmentally conscientious and mandatory conservation guide lines will be forth coming.
Why wait? Why not begin conserving now? Why not promote environmentally friendly conservation now? We waste MILLIONS of gallons of potable water every day when we turn on our hot water faucet and let it run until hot water runs out of it. Why??
We know that we can have a system installed to produce hot water almost immediately, but few people are willing to spend the money to revamp their entire potable water piping system and install a recirculating loop. Not so now... We have systems available that can be installed by one mechanic in 1/2 day, WITH NO RETURN LOOP REQUIRED!
Installing hot water recirculating systems in new construction is fast becoming the norm. Why not install hot water re-circ systems on existing installations now that much of the expense has been removed? These installs can afford nice profits on high end jobs that lead to other sales and service. The next time you hear about a retrofit hot water re-circ job, don't pass it by. Sell one of the new Grundfos retrofit systems and get involved in this very profitable niche market.
See REM Catalog number 5W600, Grundfos instant hot water system.
mm wrote:

Certainly nothing new. However I do find their sales spiel objectionable. They try to sell it as "environmentally friendly." While it is true it will save a little water, they don't bother to tell you it is going to use a noticeable amount of energy pumping and/or heating the water.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Hardly any.

Not much, if it only pumps on demand, eg with an occupancy sensor.
A clever system might pump the hot water left in the pipe back into the water heater tank after use :-)
Nick

I should have said that I'm not asking about these two posts for myself. Just thought you guys might find them interesting.
can this be used on systems when the HW is off the boilers HW coil with no holding tank?

mm wrote:

I should add that this is not something new or unique. These products have been on the market for some time.
I don't know about possible quality differences between supplies. There are several variations on this idea so you may want to do some shopping before choosing if you do consider this idea.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit