installing central AC -- cost

Page 2 of 2

NO ONE can tell you except the contractor that is going to install it.

The price of units has increased over the last 4 months, and there may be another across the board increase to hit mid August....for many makes. The ONLY way you can find out, is to get a manual J, and D completed, and go from there.

Umm...if you are looking at buying the home, you can indeed call in a contractor to look it over. All you have to do is ask the real estate agent. We do this all the time.

On 9 Jul 2004 09:31:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jessica) wrote:
Whatever you do. don't buy from Sears, they have a few contractors and in the end you'll regret it as I did.

On 9 Jul 2004 09:31:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jessica) wrote:

Locally, HVAC contractors will happily estimate systems for homes you don't yet own. Have you called any?
Jeff