Installing carpet over engineered wood floor?

Hi all-
I live in a small one bedroom condo with an engineered hardwood floor (oak wool\\d). However, I'll shortly be renting out the condo and would like to put carpet over the wood floor. I'm doing this for sound insullation purposes, as I've found the wood floor in my condo (2nd story unit) causes too much interior noise stemming from the below unit..........oh well, you live you learn. So, I'd like to put carpet down so my renter will have less noise problems.
In this process, I'd like to not damage the existing engineered wood floor. Are there any suggestions out there about how I might install the carpet without damaging the wood floor?
I appreciate all comments!
Thanks, Ben

Tack strips for wall to wall will damage the floor. Just put down a room sized rug as close to full dimensions as possible.

Rugs are your only choice. You can't install carpet without nailing down tack strips.
I think it can easily be done with tack strips glued to the wood floor. Use the right glue and it will hold firmly and then can be scraped off when the time come. The stuff used to glue down parquette flooring to concrete would work. Anyone that has done that knows that the glue gets all over the top of the flooring and has to be removed slowly and carefully, but it can be done.
When the carpet guys lay the carpet tell them to go easy on the pulling.