Installing bead board over laminate

Hello ...
We've recently replaced our counter tops and want to refresh our backsplash with bead board . We currently have plastic laminate now, which being 25 years old completely shows its age in style and color.
I've already cut the pieces for one wall, but before hanging the bead board I wanted to see how those more experienced then I would suggestion hanging it. My plan is to put liquid nail on the back of the bead board, hang it, then secure it with paneling nails, probably 1 inch, to the studs. I've also heard it's best to put the boards in the room for about 24 hours so they can acclimate to the climate, which given I've had the boards in our garage probably isn't a bad idea as well.
Does this sound correct? If not how would you guys suggest I hang the bead board over our current laminate back splash?
Thanks for any suggestions ---
Sam Alex

Go for it.
Joe