Installing 6" duct for kitchen fan in basement

I need to install a kitchen fan in a basement. The fan maker says I must use 6" ducting. So I need to cut a 6" hole. Trouble is I will have to cut this hole through one of the 9" beams supporting the floor. Is this safe?
Thanks in advance.
Mike E. Fullerton wrote:

Nope - you will have to go around the support.
--
Zyp

message

NO! You have to find a different path. Go under it if you have to or find a better appliance. Or go through a wall.
On Aug 18, 7:34 pm, "Mike E. Fullerton" <inforequ...@spam-killer- remove-techie.com> wrote:

no.
I sure hope you are trolling. You must be kidding.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .