installed new forced air furnace, might be too big.

I had a new furnace installed this summer. Now that the weather is cold and the furnace runs, I find myself uncomfortable in some rooms. It is hard to describe, but I kind of feel like there is too much pressure in the room and it is a little hard to breathe or something like that. I know that the blower motor on this unit is bigger than my old one. Any ideas on what I can do ?
Thank you.

Your description is vague to say the least. Call a local pro and see what they say.
Just pull the furnace out and get a smaller one.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It may have something to do with the furnace, but unless your doors are closed and very tightly sealed, there will be very very little difference in the pressure from room to room. In any case you are very unlikely to feel and difference in pressure. That does not rule out other possibilities. If they added an air cleaner or maybe stirred up dust that you are allergic to in the ducts etc, it is possible you are experienced a related problem. Maybe some coatings or dust on the heat exchanger are burning off.
I agree with SQLit, ask the installer to come back and explain it to them. See if they can come up with some ideas.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I am also thinking of the dust burning off explanation.
Did you clean out the ducts when you installed the new system? That might have been an idea. Hope you ran the system with the windows open the first few times. There is an oily film on the exchanger that stinks a bit!
If you have an intake and a exhaust in each room you wouldnt feel much pressure at all. It it was just an exhaust in each room I guess you could if you really seal everything up tight.
One other thing to look at is that some blowers have setting on the fan speed. You could always buy sort of dampers to restrict some airflow into a particular room. (they have the vent style ones at Home Depot)
Just some ideas, hope they help.
Tom

Don't use the heating system again until you've installed a Carbon Monoxide detector!!
Limey Lurker wrote:

I have to agree. Everyone should have one. I have never heard anyone describe the effects of CO that way, and my personal experience with the stuff does not come even close, but it is a great idea anyway.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit