Install Wall oven. Old junction box mounted on cabinet side wall.

I'm replacing a wall oven. I've made the opening a bit larger to accommodat e the new oven and have installed 2X3 runners to support it. the previous installation had the electrical junction box mounted on the side of the cab inet wall with a wire running through a hole in the drywall at the back of the cabinet. I was hoping to just wire it into this box. Is that ok?

Also, When I was unpacking the new oven, I ripped open a plastic ziplock on the top of the oven thinking it was install instructions. It was info for technicians. The bag was really stuck on. Was I supposed to remove this or should I try to get the rest of what's left of it off.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd add a picture but I can't see where to.

Thanks

Reply to
larrylyons

ate the new oven and have installed 2X3 runners to support it. the previou s installation had the electrical junction box mounted on the side of the c abinet wall with a wire running through a hole in the drywall at the back o f the cabinet. I was hoping to just wire it into this box. Is that ok?

Every installation manual for an oven that I've seen had a diagram that clearly shows the permitted locations for the electrical junction box. Given that it's an oven and various parts of it can get hot, I would follow the location and clearance instructions.

on the top of the oven thinking it was install instructions. It was info fo r technicians. The bag was really stuck on. Was I supposed to remove this o r should I try to get the rest of what's left of it off.

Who knows.. Didn't see any such thing on my Kitchenaid wall ovens.

You can't add pics to this newsgroup. You'd have to post them on one of the pic hosting websites.

Reply to
trader4

The junction box for my cabinet enclosed electric double oven is located on the wall behind the cabinet. It is not visible. The oven is not connected to the cabinet in any way. It just has to be slid out to get to the rear. I built a plywood and 2x3 platform that is equal to the oven height from the floor and would be placed in front of the cabinet when I needed to pull the oven out for any reason.

Reply to
willshak

ate the new oven and have installed 2X3 runners to support it. the previou s installation had the electrical junction box mounted on the side of the c abinet wall with a wire running through a hole in the drywall at the back o f the cabinet. I was hoping to just wire it into this box. Is that ok?

on the top of the oven thinking it was install instructions. It was info fo r technicians. The bag was really stuck on. Was I supposed to remove this o r should I try to get the rest of what's left of it off.

I'd leave the bag on. Many appliances put a copy of schematics/wiring diag rams inside so that repairmen have them. Otherwise the repairmen would hav e carry around thousands of them.

Reply to
jamesgang