increasing pressure

my neighbor recently replaced the switch on our shared well that tells the pump to turn on and off...since then the pressure has been not so great at my house and i am wondering how to increase it, not a lot but a little...how do you do that?,or does it have something to do with the bladder tank, or both?

thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

Possibly replaced w/ a lower pressure setpoint switch. See the writeup at the following link...

Reply to
dpb

Hi, Wonder if the switch is adjustable?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I haven't messed with mine in a long time but pressure settings are within the switch and new switch probably had different settings. It should effect him too. I'd probably ask him to readjust it.

It was over 35 years ago when I moved into new house with well and pressure kept shutting off. Well digger was too dumb to adjust switch properly and all it took was for me to increase the lower pressure to keep it from hitting the shutdown pressure.

Reply to
Frank

Yes. The ones I've seen have two nuts inside the cover that you can adjust to set the cut-in and cut-0ff pressure. Often instructions are inside there too.

Reply to
trader4