Incandescent light bulb replacements

Page 1 of 3
At my church, we have a lot of "can lights" in the ceiling. They had been taking out the 150 watt filament bulbs, and using CF "curly cue" bulbs. Now they are installing LED flood lights, and are totally pleased with them.
They T-30 are about $40 each, and can't remember. 18 watts power draw, is it? Brighter actually than the 150 watt filament bulbs that had been in there. The flood light style throws the light down and out, instead of bouncing around the tin can.
I don't have any can lights. But, they do offer "corn cob" shaped LED on Ebay. The CF bulbs I have in, are still working. And some straight bulb fluorescents I've got for various uses. I'm not spending $7 per bulb just yet on the LED. Maybe later?
I had (about year 1988) a lamp over my work bench. When I'd turn the grinder on, the bulb would blow. I blew through (sorry, not funny) a four pack of Phillips, and then had a GE, or was it Sylvania. Anyhow, the different brand lasted a lot longer.
I wonder if the LED corn cob bulbs will stand up to vibration? At seven dollars a bulb, what's the pay back time? LONG time, I'm sure.
On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 21:51:10 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

compared to a rough service incandescent the payback is about 7 bulbs.

Only in preferable Environment

Churches have lots of money, and they never work for it. They just rob people who are stupid enough to join their church. They should pay double what others pay for bulbs. After all, God will reimburse them!!!
Jesus was a crooked Jew who still robs people today, 2000 years later. Never let any Jew near your wallet!!!!
On 4/7/2012 10:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@online.com wrote:

You post that on Easter eve?
May the Lord "reimburse" you too.

Of course, Jesus was the king of the Jews. King because he robbed everyone and still does today.
Never let any Jew near your wallet!!!! (Especially Jesus Christ).
On 4/7/2012 11:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@online.com wrote:

"Forgive him, Father, for he knows not what he does"
anti-christ online.com wrote:

That's just weird.
--

> Never let any Jew near your wallet!!!! (Especially Jesus Christ).
In article <e372304a-6140-4840-b685-

So what was his religion then? Was he a pagan animist or something?
Jesus taught in the temples, and a few other clues of his religion.
says...

So what was his religion then? Was he a pagan animist or something?
In article <db7bb9c8-a265-4b9d-8d4f-32ca1bbae3c6

One of the major deities of Fantheism.
On 4/9/2012 4:29 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Are you sure you didn't mean "Pantheism"? You could have been making an esoteric reference to "Ghu" a religious icon of the Andorians from the Star Trek universe? o_O
TDD
Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

Are you sure you didn't mean "Pantheism"? You could have been making an esoteric reference to "Ghu" a religious icon of the Andorians from the Star Trek universe? o_O
TDD
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Walmart still had some, a few days ago. I guess that it would depend on which store you use. It's amazing, though. I saw four packs of incandescents for $1, next to two packs of CFLs for $15.
I have about 100, 100 W left, so I should run out about the time I die. :)

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:06:40 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

May the wind be always at your back, and may you outlast your stash of incandescents.
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Thanks. :)
I also have supplies of 40 & 60 Watt for other needs around the house & shop. Like the 60 W green bulbs that are use in my outdoor lights at Christmas. The green CFL just look like crap.

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:31:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

They all look green (baby crap green).
" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote:

Not when it pitch black outside. The incandescent 'Party Bulb' is a deep green. The CFL, is closer to chartreuse.

Gunner Asch wrote:

Where? Where? ;-)

In your ear, ear.
Gunner Asch wrote: