I suspected a barrage of cold related problems on here

I suspected a barrage of cold related problems on here, due to the weather. This is one of the worst cold snaps in the midwest. It looks like they are starting....

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

can you take a look at no water again? I responded to your questions and think you are on the right track.

Reply to
Mark

yeah cars with dead batteries, frozen pipes and all sorts of other nasties like dead furnaces.

those with no power probably wouldnt be posting, since their computer will be dead

Reply to
hallerb

yeah cars with dead batteries, frozen pipes and all sorts of other nasties like dead furnaces.

those with no power probably wouldnt be posting, since their computer will be dead

Reply to
hallerb

Its 0, not -20, its winter and it usualy gets colder, so whats new.

Reply to
m Ransley

I just did. Sorry it took awhile, I fell asleep.

I really wish you could post some pictures of your pump and tank setup. I'd have a better idea of how to tell you where the freeze might be.

Reply to
maradcliff

It hit about MINUS 25 last night, here on my farm, and its' minus 14 right now. Yes it's winter, but when it drops that far below zero, there are lots of problems. I run a farm, keeping animals alive is tought in itself. I was a plumber for years, so I am sure all my plumbing is safe, and do my darndest to keep the vehicles working, but they sometimes let me down.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

How long does it take the plumbing to freeze when it is 10 degrees outside,

Reply to
TH

Reply to
Spud

It takes about 5 mins if you leave a window and door open by the pipe. If you leave everything shut, then it depends on how many times you open the refrigerator and freezer door. Wait,..........I'll get my crystal ball and get back with you. While you are waiting, PLEASE hold your breath. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I've found that the cable (I use cable internet) works here during a power failure. I could post using a generator or battery/inverter for the computer.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Considering cold, I used to have a relative who worked on the Alaska pipeline. I remember hearing something about keeping the trucks running all the time, because they were really hard to start when that cold.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Reply to
Bubba

I'm sure that you keep the commodes full. "Bubba >" Your Welcome, TH.

Reply to
TH

Reply to
Bubba