I suspected a barrage of cold related problems on here

I suspected a barrage of cold related problems on here, due to the weather. This is one of the worst cold snaps in the midwest. It looks like they are starting....
Mark
can you take a look at no water again? I responded to your questions and think you are on the right track.
yeah cars with dead batteries, frozen pipes and all sorts of other nasties like dead furnaces.
those with no power probably wouldnt be posting, since their computer will be dead
yeah cars with dead batteries, frozen pipes and all sorts of other nasties like dead furnaces.
those with no power probably wouldnt be posting, since their computer will be dead
Its 0, not -20, its winter and it usualy gets colder, so whats new.
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:16:07 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

It hit about MINUS 25 last night, here on my farm, and its' minus 14 right now. Yes it's winter, but when it drops that far below zero, there are lots of problems. I run a farm, keeping animals alive is tought in itself. I was a plumber for years, so I am sure all my plumbing is safe, and do my darndest to keep the vehicles working, but they sometimes let me down.
Mark
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:36:57 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Considering cold, I used to have a relative who worked on the Alaska pipeline. I remember hearing something about keeping the trucks running all the time, because they were really hard to start when that cold.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I've found that the cable (I use cable internet) works here during a power failure. I could post using a generator or battery/inverter for the computer.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I just did. Sorry it took awhile, I fell asleep.
I really wish you could post some pictures of your pump and tank setup. I'd have a better idea of how to tell you where the freeze might be.
I suspect the riser where the mainline comes out of the ground Aim a hair dryer or heat gun down into the ground Spud

How long does it take the plumbing to freeze when it is 10 degrees outside, 70 degrees inside and the power goes out? The house is well insulated. I know you can't know exactly, but typically is it overnight or a couple of days?

It takes about 5 mins if you leave a window and door open by the pipe. If you leave everything shut, then it depends on how many times you open the refrigerator and freezer door. Wait,..........I'll get my crystal ball and get back with you. While you are waiting, PLEASE hold your breath. Bubba
Thanks for your wisdom, guess you don't have much left.

Your Welcome, TH. By the way, Its nice and warm in my home and all my faucets, showers, tubs and commodes work just fine. Bubba

I'm sure that you keep the commodes full.

U spend all day racking your brain thinkin that one up?